Create Impactful Event Goals and Objectives
How do you make sure your event will have the maximum impact possible and delight your audience? By setting bold event goals and objectives before the planning begins, of course!
Event planning without goal setting is like river rafting aimlessly down the water. Just don’t go there. If you need some help in creating and attaining event goals and objectives, use these practical tips to get started.
Set the Event’s Goals
The first step is identifying what you want to achieve with your event, namely the goals behind the expected glitz and glamour. Create SMART goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-based.
A good way to engage in setting goals is to create and answer key questions about your proposed event that will get you closer to defining the ultimate goals.
Our pick below will give you a good idea:
- What is your WHY for the event?
- What are the main things you want attendees to walk away with?
- What resources do you need to put in place to achieve the above? .
- How will you encourage guest participation and interaction?
- How will you measure your success?
Define the Event’s Objectives
Objectives are the strategies put in place to attain the goals you have just set. Hence you have no choice but to come up with an amazing strategy for your event. Think strategy from both the perspective of the event planning process and the guest attendance.
Be creative and map out your plan by narrowing down your goals, or choose to work with mini goals instead leading to the ultimate goal. Brainstorm the necessary steps.
Some questions to fire up your strategic thinking:
- Do you need speakers or any educational measures to reach your goal?
- What specific entertainment and social requirements you need to attain your goal?
- What kind of resources and budget can get to your goal faster?
- Will you need to make use of innovative technologies to maximise your goal?
- Whom do you need to contact or connect with to move forward with your goal?
Your plan can be a simple outline or a comprehensive project plan which includes actions, a detailed time projection, and resources needed along the way for each objective.
Make sure your event goals are properly set, and all your planning bases are covered by consulting with a professional event organiser.
At HiSide Events, we see everything in life as an event of some kind. Our passion is making sure events work and creating an experience that is enjoyable for all who attend.
Do you want to inspire and entertain your guest, motivate them to challenge the norm, fix what is not working, or transfer knowledge?